It looks like Russia won't be banning Skype or Gmail, after all. The Kremlin was reportedly considering blocking both services, along with Hotmail, in response to a major cyberattack that crippled the country's most popular blog and an independent news site. Some within the Kremlin had believed the services posed a major threat to national security, but some critics had thought the government may ...
We promised ourselves some time ago that we were going to stop covering every celebrity and politician who signs up for Twitter. Let's be honest; it's not news anymore. In fact, it would be bigger news if a celebrity announced a vehement opposition to Twitter and vowed that they would rather spend an eternity watching Black Eyed Peas' videos than subject themselves to even a moment of ...
Enemies of the Kremlin have suddenly found themselves under attack by hackers; their Web sites crippled under a siege of coordinated and widespread attacks the scale of which only the Kremlin could finance, they say. The victims, which include opposition parties and independent media outlets are being hammered with Distributed Denial of Service attacks, which is when computers that have been ...
Blackberry 101 | Best Tablets | Best iPhone 4 Case | Color App | Facebook Questions | NCAA Brackets | Lady Gaga at Google | Facebook Deals | Animated GIF | Anonymous | Amazon Appstore | April Fools' Day | Google Blogger | Rebecca Black Friday | Nintendo 3DS | Vimeo iPhone App | Video Game Emulators | Private Browsing | Mark Bao | Julian Assange | What is 4G? | Bronx Zoo Cobra | iPad 2 Review | Google 1 | New York Times Paywall
- Korean StarCraft pro among first foreign eSports competitors to obtain athletic visa
- Blockbuster to shutter all of its remaining UK stores
- Instagram debuts Direct, letting users share photos and videos with select friends
- Eye-Fi's Windows desktop receiver means you can say goodbye to the SD-card reader
- Instagram announces Instagram Direct, a new way to photo and video message your friends
- Independent medical team finds no link between employee death and Apple supplier Pegatron's working conditions
- Google releases Mac desktop Chrome App Launcher
- Mac App of the Week: Hourly News delivers the latest news updates to your Mac