We're all feeling the pain of the economic crunch, and being frugal is quickly becoming the newest national fad. One area that would be easy for many Americans to start cutting costs would be on entertainment, yet subscriptions for satellite and cable TV have not dropped off. But unless you absolutely have to watch live sports you can ditch the pricey TV packages for free or cheap Web-based ...
Despite having signed off on User Generated Content (UGC) principles, which endorse fair use of copyrighted content in protected free speech, several networks have sent takedown requests to YouTube over politically-themed videos that use short clips from copyrighted broadcasts. The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) earlier this week sent letters not only to YouTube, but also the networks ...
In its short, three-year history, YouTube has used its short-form videos to build itself into the biggest player in the online video world. Strictly 10-minutes-or-less had been the rule for video length. But recently, the site has been straying away from that limitation, and now is fully taking a step toward lengthier content, by signing a deal with CBS to stream full episodes of TV shows on the ...
According to a report in the Wall Street Journal (subscription required) today, several major media and technology companies are joining forces to form the Masters of Evil! Wait... sorry, they are just joining forces to form an anti-piracy ring, no plots for world domination... yet. This coalition of super companies will be working together on copyright-related issues, including video piracy and ...
If you're not watching TV with a DVR or Tivo or the like, you're missing out on, well, a lot of useless but entertaining TV programming that you could be watching at your leisure. But despite all the joys and convenience of time-shifted viewing, Tivo and DVRs still have one big challenge: tardy sporting events. Fans of prime-time Sunday television dread the beginning of the football season because ...
Blackberry 101 | Best Tablets | Best iPhone 4 Case | Color App | Facebook Questions | NCAA Brackets | Lady Gaga at Google | Facebook Deals | Animated GIF | Anonymous | Amazon Appstore | April Fools' Day | Google Blogger | Rebecca Black Friday | Nintendo 3DS | Vimeo iPhone App | Video Game Emulators | Private Browsing | Mark Bao | Julian Assange | What is 4G? | Bronx Zoo Cobra | iPad 2 Review | Google 1 | New York Times Paywall
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas available on iOS right now, Android and Windows Phone next week
- South Korean court rules against Samsung, won't ban iPhone and iPad
- Daily Roundup: SteamOS release, holiday gift guide for the geek, Z Ultra Google Play edition and more!
- Facebook brings auto-playing videos to mobile devices and the web
- The 12 Days of iMas, Day 3: An iPhone case that could get you arrested
- The Monkey Kit adds a tail to your iPad so you can go hands-free
- Tony Fadell, the Podfather himself, appears to have purchased the red Mac Pro and gold EarPods from Jony Ive's auction
- Apple provides detailed listing of Samsung's misconduct during the discovery process