Top 5 Blackberry Key Shortcuts
- Copy/Paste: While typing, press and hold the 'Alt' key, and move the track ball to select. Release the 'Alt' key, press the track ball (or the 'OK' command), and select 'Copy.' To paste, put the cursor into the empty typing box, hit the track ball, and select 'Paste' from the drop-down menu.
- Numbers or cap lock: At the same time press the 'Alt' key and the left 'Shift' key (the one with the arrow on it) to enable number lock. Hit the left 'Shift' key again to return to normal. For capitals, press the 'Alt' and then the right 'Shift' key together (with the single, left pointing arrow). Hit the right 'Shift' key to end. Remember, to type a cap or a number once, you don't need the 'Alt' key -- simply hit shift.
- Auto-period: At the end of a sentence press the "Space" key twice. A period is inserted, followed by a space and the next sentence will begin with a capital letter.
- Accents or special characters: Press and hold a letter key and then move the track ball left or right until the desired accent or character appears.
- Spell-check and Dictionary: When typing, hit the 'Menu' key and select 'Check Spelling' from the drop-down list. The misspelled word will appear in red, giving you the option to change or, if it is intentionally misspelled or unique, you can select 'Add to Dictionary,' ensuring that the word will be recognized in the future.