Yo, last week, you were good and all, and I'm gonna let you finish, but this week was the best week ever. Things happened this week. Big things. The last seven days have brought a flurry of activity, like Kanye West interrupting poor Taylor Swift at the VMAs
inspiring a hugely popular Kanye meme
. Or the epic battle between a man, his beloved garlic, and an ISP
as a metaphor for rural society rejecting technology. And while this may not be news to some, the opening of a 'Harry Potter' theme park
made our personal front pages. While the rest of the world was off reading legitimate news sources (and possibly getting infected with viruses because of it
), we diligently monitored the lines and discovered that Warren Buffet's inability to check voice mail may have caused the recession
. No need to thank us, we are just doing our jobs. Other things to thank us for:
- Not everyone is a rocket scientist, but a home burglar that gets busted by signing into his Facebook account from his victim's laptop is a special kind of stupid.
- Two feuding families, a shotgun, and a whole lot of manure are a recipe for a good-old fashioned tasering, but one reader summed it all up nicely.
- An inarguable truth: If something is intimidating and threatening, and then it is endowed with the ability to leap tall heights, it becomes the most terrifying thing ever, like this bounding-over-fences bot that the government is crazy enough to bring into existence. Supposedly, they will be used to 'explore,' but all that means is that the apocalypse will come quicker.
- Speaking of the end of days, here is a crucial guide to what you need in order to survive it, with handy little illustrations.
- Despite slowing down our flash gaming, Internet Explorer 8 is the best at something, and you'd never guess what.