Morning Xtra: Pluto a Planet Again? Bing and Yahoo! Coming Together?
- In case you don't closely follow the politics of intrasolar astronomy, you should know that Pluto's demotion from planetary status may not be permanent. The debate of Pluto's fate has been reignited, thanks to an international snub and one very pissed-off governor. [From: New Scientist]
- What happens when your big budget, movie-adaptation of 'Halo' gets dropped by the studios? You give 'em the middle finger with your own indie-alien flick. Wired has the story of the birth of 'District 9' -- we knew those aliens in the trailer looked vaguely like Covenant Elites. [From: Wired]
- The next generation of computers may be powered by super-intelligent bacteria. Will antivirus software come in a syringe? [From: The Guardian]
- AdAge reports that Bing and Yahoo! may soon be joining forces to take on the Google search hegemony. A new deal is in the works that could see a Microsoft takeover of the search number two. [From: Ad Age]
- If you're in the UK, you can soon look forward to government officials filling up your Twitter stream -- the British government has published a guide to Tweeting for its ministers, urging them to be "human" and "informal." Smashing! [From: Yahoo! Tech]