Jihadists Looking for Friends on Facebook.
Islamic extremists have always been tech savvy. Jihadists post propaganda on Youtube, blogs and countless extremist Web sites in the hope of recruiting others to their luxurious way of life -- who wouldn't want that many virgins in the afterlife!? Now, in a bold attempt to reach a broader audience, the virtuous warriors are flocking to Facebook, and they want to be your friend. Awwwwwwww....How sweet.
The details for this online "friend offensive" (we made that up) can be summarized by this blurb from Faloja member 'Umar 'Abd al-Hakim from Syria.
We have already had great success in raiding YouTube.
- American politicians have used Facebook to get votes, like the house slave Obama.
- Anyone can join and you can reach millions of people. The April 6 youth are a good example of this.
- I am writing this because supporters of jihad don't know how to use Facebook to reach Americans or Muslims.
- Don't worry about security as long as you don't disclose your personal info and you use new email addresses to subscribe.
- A large number of people in the Arab world are using Facebook.
- We can use Facebook to fight the media attack on Jihadi media and the forums. We can post media on Facebook that shows the Crusader losses.
- Since Facebook is so widespread, we need to use it.
- By using Facebook, we can move from the forums and engage common people and Americans themselves to show them the reality of their losses, which are being concealed by their media.
- One of the goals of invading Facebook is to "move away from elite society (the forums and the Jihadi websites) to Muslims in general and participate and interact with them." [parenthetical comments are Umar's]
- The brothers should immediately start to build their expertise in using Facebook.
- I've called this campaign "Ghazwat al-Nusra2" (Aid Invasion2) because we are aiding our brothers on the forums: Hesbah, Firdaws, Boraq, and Ekhlaaz