The Scariest Google Street View Finds
The Internets went ablaze this week with Google Maps' new Street View feature, which allows you to take a look at select locations in a 360-degree view. The new technology is great for those who want to take a get a preview of a location or just have fun looking around.
The dark side, however, is that some of the pictures have revealed some funny and even potentially scary images. Has Google gone too far with the technology? Is our privacy at stake?
We take a look at some of the worst culprits taken by the Googlemobile. If you have one to add, let us know in the comments below.
- This poor guy (above) gets caught walking out of a strip club. Let's hope his wife or girlfriend is understanding.
- We're all for zooming and what-not, but when your car's license plate shows up on Google, things could get sticky.
- Sure, it's legal for medicinal reasons, but we have a feeling these two dudes walking into a known cannabis club in San Francisco didn't plan on having their picture taken as they entered.
- This toll booth operator is completely recognizable. We wonder if she signed a model release.
- Looking for homes is an great use of this service. How about finding out where certain people live? Wanna know where Steve Jobs lives? Google Street View reveals the answer. El Steve-o might not be too pleased.
- This blogger loves his cat, but he probably didn't want to invite the world into his living room to take a look at kitty.
- Aren't cameras in NYC's tunnels illegal?
- Las Vegas. Gambling, shows, and, of course, hot babes.
- What are these lasers doing?
- The Googlemobile spotted!
- Google Says No to Plagiarism Dollars
- More Google Apps for iPhone?
- Google Re-launches Personal Homepages
- Yes, Google Is That Good